Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Is this comic a reprint or a first printing?

I picked up the following pair of comics from a stoop sale in Bay Ridge.  One is from the 1960s, the other is from the 1970s.  Which one is the reprint?



If you said both, congratulations!  Either you are very knowledgeable about Marvel's proclivity to reprint their classic stories or you read the indica on the bottom of the first interior page:



As an amateur collector, I had to learn the hard way to pay attention to what I buy.  So now I always open the cover to read that indica to see which version of the comic I have.  Then if I like what I see, I proceed to inspect the issue for wear and tear.  Happy collecting!

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of reprinting, Wizards of the Coast has spent the last six months or so reprinting older editions of D&D while they prep their newest of edition of the game. I may actually consider getting the reprint of the Rules Cyclopedia if and when they decide to rerelease it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, D&D. I wish I had more time to indulge in that pastime. Failing that, I guess a Choose Your Own Adventure book would just about take up as much time as it takes my train ride from Carroll Gardens to City Hall.

    ReplyDelete